Around this time of the year, when I go home to visit my parents, I usually arrive to an assortment of cakes, pies, cookies and breads spread out all over my kitchen. My mom goes into super-bake mode and I am lucky enough to be chosen as taste-tester. It’s a hard job, but someone has to do it.
Anyway, this year I came home to a really delicious pumpkin pie and I was surprised to find that the recipe was fairly simple and literally found on the back of a can. Go figure! You can find the recipe online courtesy of Libby, but I’ve also posted it below; just because I’m that nice. Enjoy!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- Whipped cream (optional, but I mean, who are we kidding?)
MIX sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
POUR into pie shell.
BAKE in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.